5 Great Reasons to Visit or Live in Avondale, Arizona
What’s so great about Avondale, Arizona? Everything. Incorporated in 1946, Avondale has experienced rapid residential and commercial growth since the 80’s and has now transformed itself into a major bedroom suburb of Phoenix. Only twenty minutes from downtown Phoenix, Avondale has become a mecca of residential subdivisions and shopping centers and is the perfect starting point to head west to California.
With so many great reasons to visit or live in Avondale, it’s hard to find only 5 great reasons to visit, but we’ve chosen some favorites to tempt you.
1) Phoenix International Raceway: Opening in 1964 in front of 7,000 race fans PIR now holds two NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, two Xfinity Series, a Camping World Truck Series and many other events throughout the year. You can also give the perfect gift for any race fan, the NASCAR Racing Experience where you can ride along or learn to drive a racecar with The NASCAR Qualifier.
2) Friendship Park: One of the biggest and most versatile parks in Phoenix, Friendship Park offers acres of paved sidewalks, a dog park, farmer’s market, fishing, ducks and other wildlife and baseball, football and soccer fields. Friendship Park is located at 12325 W. McDowell Road in Avondale.
3) Tres Rios Nature Festival: Held each March this festival is full of outdoor experiences and has something for everyone. There are canoe excursions, rock climbing, a fishing clinic, nature trails, beginning bird watching, canine sporting demonstrations, entertainment and food and even a “Trashiest Outfit” contest. A one-of-a-kind nature festival during some of the best weather that Arizona has to offer.
4) Inland Waters Divers: Have you ever wanted to learn to scuba dive but figured that there was no way to do that in the desert? Think again and check out Inland Waters Divers for classes and dive trips once you’re certified. Located in neighboring Goodyear, this is an experience that desert rats will love.
5) Fear Farm: Every Halloween Fear Farm Haunted House and Corn Maze turns dry fields into a terrifying experience. Even though there are five haunted houses at one location it was voted “Best Haunted House” in Phoenix in 2015. Turn an average, boring fall evening into a never-ending nightmare and head on over for some thrills.
As you can tell, we think there are plenty of great reasons to visit or live in Avondale, Arizona! And we hope that you’ll stop in sometime if you’re in the area.
Best wishes from The Bourland Group.
The Bourland Group
Search our Listings